Sunday, July 8, 2012

December 28, 1996: Departure

Some quick context which has not appeared in my published diary entries: I have two brothers, one older and one younger. My older brother left for college in the Spring of 1997. While we were never really close, it was a memorable moment in my life because for the rest of my teens, these last few days created a frozen image of my brother....the 18 year old version of my brother is one that I fondly think of often when I think of growing up.

Now that I have so much more time on my hands and henceforth alot of time to think (Which I really shouldn't do), I fear it's only led to worse consequences. My brother's departure is going to be very hard for me, although I wouldn't let on so much. Its just going to be so different without him. Too different. But this is his last week at home. SOB. I've also been contemplating the meaning of life and Jarod. How do I really feel about him? Does he miss me? Will I miss him? Can I ever change back to who I was before all that emotional crisis with him?


And that, my friends and readers, is how my year of 1996 ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment